Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bring on fall...

Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. My favorite is summer, but lately, here in Georgia, it is TOO HOT! Right now the weather is still debatable. Some days it is hot and then some days it is on the chilly side. It is hard to determine what to wear right now! I digress.... Anyway, I love Fall! Everyone gets out and enjoys the cool temperatures. IT is FOOTBALL season! Nothing is more exciting than that cool air and watching or tailgating with friends while cheering on your favorite college football team...go DAWGS!!! Families get together and experience different fall festivals! I attended the 2010 Rock N' Rib Fest in the Lawrenceville Square a few weeks ago. It was so much fun. Good friends, good music, good food! There were so many people out and the weather was amazing! Now it is all about the pumpkins! I need to get a pumpkin and carve it! I haven't done it since my college roommate and I did a few years ago. I want some pumpkin seeds and maybe try my hand at a pumpkin pie?!? With Halloween just around the corner, it is all about  pumpkins and haunted houses. Which reminds me, what to do for a Halloween costume?!?!?
One of my favorite places to travel in the fall is to Charlottesville,Virginia. My uncle and aunt and their girls live up there and we love to go visit them! They live in the college town with UVA a few miles away. Needless to say, there is SO much to do. They are so active and dont waste a minute. The scenery is amazing and we often spend some time at the Virginia vineyards! I am still looking for that favorite wine (red and white)!  Any suggestions?! Anyway, it is just a nice escape for a few days. There is not much hustle and bustle and it is peacefull and quiet! I would love to get back there while it is still nice and with the leaves all pretty and changing colors!
Another event I like to attend is Helen's Oktoberfest! This is in Helen, Georgia every year and it is something to see if you have never been. The town is jammed packed. People from all around come to experience the shopping, the scenery, and well, the GERMAN BEER! The people are, let's just say, interesting and leave it at that!There is a lot to see and do. Horse drawn buggies(sorry, I am from the south), street side entertainment, pubs, and my favorite- candy apples! What are your favorite things to do in the Fall?


Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment